|Mutton Biriyani & Rezala|
Mutton Biriyani recipe:
To Serve: 5 Persons
5 gm mace and 2 Nutmegs
200 gm Curd
Sugar and salt to taste
Make a paste of all the above in blender.
5 to 6 Mutton pieces
Mix the above well with Mutton pieces and marinate overnight. At least 6 hrs. minimum.
1. 2 Onions: Sliced in thin stripes. Fry till the onions turn into brown. Keep ready.
2. 500 gm: Basmati Rice. Soak the rice in water for 15 min. Then cook the rice. Then spread it on a plate and keep aside.
3. 2 Potatoes: Cut in half. Slightly boiled. Then fry it and keep aside.
4. Add saffron and 3 drops of sweet attor in half cup warm milk. Keep ready.
5. One table spoon Kewra water
6. 3 to 4 table spoon Ghee
Take out the Mutton pieces from the marinade and fry till brown. Then pressure cook the meat till the mutton is soft.In a handi, smear ghee at the bottom. Take half of the cooked rice and spread as a layer. Then sprinkle half of the saffron and milk solution.
In the second layer place the fried mutton pieces, sliced onions and potatoes. In the final layer add remaining rice. Lastly sprinkle rest of the saffron and milk solution and one table spoon Kewra water.
Pour 1 table spoon ghee on the entire rice bed.
Cover the Handi. Seal the lid with something heavy on Handi top so that the steam cannot escape.Place the handi on oven and simmer it for 5 to 7 minutes. Mutton Biriyani is ready.