Saturday 11 April 2015

Luchi and Alu-r chorchori : my breakfast in heaven

One morning I shall be sitting in a chair in the garden of paradise. Sun light mixed with morning mist will spread a golden haze all over the place. An angel will arrive and ask me what I would like to eat. My answer will be....... “Luchi and alu-r chorchori”. Straightaway a plateful of cream colored Luchi and potato bhaji will appear in front of me from nowhere. My spectacle glasses will become hazy from the steam coming out from it. Since I am yet to receive an invitation from the life after I decided to build my heaven right where I am in.  So on coming Bengali new year I will pamper myself and my folks at home with my this breakfast of paradise. You are also more than welcome. 


Luchi :
Ingredients:
Refined flour
Vegetable white oil
Water
Pinch of salt

Process:
Knead white flour with little oil, water and pinch of salt. Better if you use warm water. Better if you have some time and cover the dough with a wet cloth.
Then make small balls. Dip each ball a little in the oil and roll thinly on a plate. Deep fry.

Alu-r Chorchori or Alu Bhaji:
Ingredients:
4 to 5 Chillies : slit vertically
4 potatoes : cut in thin square pieces
1 Tomato : chopped
Salt and sugar to taste
Vegetable white oil
Process:
Stir fry chillies, potatoes for 5 minutes. Then add tomatoes. Stir some more till it becomes mushy. Add salt and sugar to taste. Add little water and cover. Cook till to potatoes become tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment